What are Teams?
- Teams are comprised of selected users within an org.
- Only org administrators may create Teams.
- Teams may be of any size.
- Users may be removed or added to a team at any time by the org administrator.
- Teams may have visibility into certain Device Groups. Visibility is also determined by org administrators.
- Device alerts may be set directly for specific teams
What is Team visibility in a Device Group?
Device Groups can be viewed under one of two selected conditions: either by all users or by a specific Team or Teams.
To learn more about setting up Team visibility for a Device group, please visit Setting Team visibility for a Device Group.
To learn more about editing Device Groups in general, please visit Editing Device Groups.
How to create a Team
Precondition: must be an org administrator.
How to create a Team via the My Organization screen
- Navigate to the 'My Organization' screen by clicking on the profile picture icon in the top right corner.
- Once on the 'My Organization' screen, click the + Add A Team button.
- A modal should appear with a text box and titled Teams. Within the text box, enter the name of your new Team and click the checkbox on the far right.
- Click the Create Team button.
- A second modal should appear, displaying a list of Users In My Organization. Click the plus icon to add users to Users in "[Team Name]", the opposing column.
- To remove users added by accident, simply click the minus icon from the Users in "[Team Name]" column.
- Once you have completed your Team, simply click outside the modal to save. Your newly created Team should display immediately under the Teams section.
- To re-access a Team, simply click on the newly created Team.
How to create a Team via the Device Group screen
Precondition: must have Device Groups already created.
- Navigate to the 'All Devices' screen and click on a pre-made Device Group.
- The Device Group screen should load, displaying devices currently in that Device Group.
- Click on the Edit Device Group button.
- A Device Group modal should appear. Click Choose who can see these devices. A dropdown should appear.
- Click Add a new Team. A second modal should appear.
- Click the red Name Your Team text to induce a text box. Type in your Team name and then click the check box.
- Once the check box is clicked, a dropdown should appear displaying a list of users currently in the org. Click the blue add button to add users.
- Click All Finished! once you're done.